0

Baby steps

Well, we've made a start. I almost feel like whispering it because I was determined to stick it out until six months to start weaning but the voices in my head were saying "just try her with a bit of banana" "a stick of carrot won't do any harm" and I caved. My justification is that as it's 'baby led' I'm not forcing Eleanor to do anything she doesn't want to. Also as we've started before 6 months we're limited in what can be offered. At the moment it's fruit, veg and rice which seems rather cruel as her little fingers are nowhere near dexterous enough to be picking up rice. She can just about manage sticks or things that are naturally long and stick-like. Unfortunately this means she seems to be eating chips quite a lot! Well, they're not actually chips. Who would feed a baby chips? They're saute potatoes or roast potatoes cut into a baby friendly size and shape (which happens to be chip shaped) They're not chips, honest............ She loves them anyway.

As you may notice I've been rather tardy with my blogging but I do have a baby to look after, anyway I'm going to condense everything that has passed her lips thus far into the following sentence: banana, mango, butternut squash, sprouts, green beans, sugar snap peas, mange tout, sprouting broccoli, spring onion, cucumber, red pepper, pineapple, beansprouts, baby corn, potatoes, lettuce, rocket, carrot...............and chips. I think that's everything. They have all passed her lips but not necessarily been swallowed. I know she's definitely swallowed banana, rocket and something orange. How do I know? Use your imagination. Anyway time for a picture post methinks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment