0

Nearly there...........

It is the eve of Eleanor's 6 month birthday (where did that go?) which means that as of tomorrow it's full steam ahead, well, in theory it is but unfortunately our little sweetheart has eczema so we're going to take it easy. In my mind I planned her first proper meal to be on Easter Sunday. A full on slap up roast but it turns out she'll just be having veggies again and........................................meat hooray finally! I've splashed out on an organic free range chicken for the occasion although I got it out of the cheap fridge so it' had to go in the freezer. I would love to give her a Yorkshire pudding but they're just a food intolerance waiting to happen. Eggs, gluten and dairy in one package. Now I think karma could be kicking my backside a bit here. I would always rant away to myself about people with intolerances and how it was all in their heads. You could say I was intolerant of the intolerant anyway I now find myself in a situation where my precious little girl could react to any of these things so we're just going to introduce one at a time. We know we should be safe with dairy as lactose will have gone into my milk and she doesn't have a reaction to that. Her skin seems loads better since we stopped having to have the heating on all the time so I'm hoping food is not going to be a problem for her. I remember watching a TV program with Giorgio Locatelli and his daughter is allergic to hundreds of things. I remember thinking how unfortunate it was him to be a top chef and have a little girl who couldn't eat any of it. Now I'm not putting myself in the same bracket as him for cheffery but I do love food and making food for others is an expression of my love for them so I would like Eleanor to be able to eat anything and everything. Fingers crossed, I guess we'll soon find out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment